The history of this Osaka workshop begins in 1870 when Gonshichi Ikoma/権七生駒/ opened his workshop specializing in watches and jewelry.
Even original sign has survived to this day.
Between two pretty well fed we observe kanji
生 from 生駒 - Ikoma,
which will become a workshop hallmark.
In 1923 the company changed its name to G. Ikoma Ltd.
In 1930 famous Ikoma Building was completed.
Inside (mid 1930s).