Commander's breast stars of the Order of Saint Stanislaus from 1829-1831 time period

Unique breast star from the collection of Moscow Kremlin Museums.

Gold and silver embroidery, gold, enamel.
Size 82 mm.

Commander's  breast star of the Order Saint Stanislaus.jpg

Under a different light.

Commander's  breast star of the Order Saint Stanislaus.jpg

Such breast stars with crowns were issued for a very short time /from September 2, 1829 until November 17, 1831/ for Commanders of the order.

Note that central medallion still bears monogram "SAR" for Stanislaus Augustus Rex. It will be changed to "SS" only in 1831.

Командорская  звезда ордена Св. Станислава Царства Польского.jpg

Excerpt from the "Manifesto of Emperor Nicholas I of September 2, 1829 on the Order of St. Stanislaus/Манифест Императора Николая I от 2 сентября 1829 года об Ордене Св. Станислава".

"13. Cavaliers appointed to use commanderies of the first and second class will be called Cavaliers Commanders*; the third and fourth class cavaliers will have the title of Cavalier Pensioners. As a distinctive sign, they will wear a crown with the order badge, according to the attached model No. 3.

13. Кавалеры, назначенные пользоваться командорствами первой и второй степеней, будуть именоваться кавалерами командорами; третьей и четвертой степеней будуть имѣть, званіе кавалеровъ пенсіонеровъ. Какъ отличительный знакъ, они будуть носить при орденскомъ знакѣ корону, согласно приложенной модели № 3."

* In the Middle Ages, a commandery /commandry/ was the smallest administrative division of the European landed properties of a military order. It was also the name of the house where the knights of the commandery lived. The word is also applied to the emoluments granted to a commander. They were the equivalent for those orders to a monastic grange. The knight in charge of a commandery was a commander.​

Манифест  Императора Николая I от 2 сентября 1829 года об Ордене Св. Станислава.jpg
Манифест Императора Николая I от 2 сентября 1829 года  об Ордене Св. Станислава.jpg

Манифест Императора Николая I от 2 сентября 1829 года об Ордене Св. Станислава.jpg

Another close-up of the central medallion and crown.

Commander's breast star of the Order Saint Stanislaus.jpg

• Tags
    commander's breast star of the order st.stanislaus embroidered breast star of russian order embroidered breast star of saint stanislaus order order of saint stanislaus order of saint stanislaus from 1829-1831 звезда ордена св. станислава 1829-1831 звезда ордена св. станислава царства польского командорская звезда ордена св. станислава награды императорской россии орден святого станислава ордена императорской россии ранняя шитая звезда ордена святого станислава шитая командорская звезда ордена св. станислава шитые ранние звезды русских орденов