Orders of St. Andrew from the collection of Russian Diamond Fund

Unique piece.

1.jpg

It is practically impossible to find reverse photos of this interesting specimen.

0.jpg
00.jpg

This catalogue enables us to take a peek at the other side of this rarity.

1.jpg
2.jpg

Original description.

ORDER OF ST. ANDREW; SMOKY TOPAZ.

A precious production of Russian art, characterizing the brilliant epoch of Catherine II; cut by Berger about 1767.
The eagle is of a dark smoky topaz (quartz) composed of 5 pieces joined together with a blackish mass.
The cross, as well as the back of the whole order, are in Bokdachanian lazulite. On the top is a golden crown set off with brilliants.

Dimensions: height (the crown included)
10 cent.; without the crown—5,7 cent.
Inv. 1898 —NS 15/14. Inv. 1922-NS 431/15.

3.jpg

Modern attribution of this cross from Diamond Fund.

St. Petersburg, second half of the 18th century.
Craftsmen: L. Pfisterer, I. Hasselgren.
Stone carver I. Yeger.
Gold, silver, diamonds, rose-cut diamonds, smoky quartz, lapis lazuli, enamel.

/Санкт-Петербург, вторая половина XVIII в.
Мастера: Л. Пфистерер, И. Хассельгрен.
Резчик по камню И. Егер.
Золото, серебро, бриллианты, алмазы огранки «роза», дымчатый кварц, лазурит, эмаль/

41.jpg
40.jpg
Orders of St. Andrew from the collection of Russian Diamond Fund.jpg

Another interesing badge from the same dispay that (allegedly) belong to Peter the Great https://asiamedals.info/threads/order-of-st-andrew-of-peter-the-great.23469/

-.jpg

Reverse (from the same source).

2.jpg
3.jpg

Description.

ORDER OF ST. ANDREW; EPOCH PETER I.
The order is exquisitely wrought out of massive gold, the cross and figure of St. Andrew beautifully set off on the black enamelled background. On the reverse, is an enamelled white ribbon on which are impressed the words "Faith and loyalty" in black letters. The cross is supported by an eagle engraved in gold with great mastership. The whole composition is enriched with ancient roses of Hindu-cutting; in the orbits of the eagle are small brilliants. Most likely, this is the famous order worn by Peter the Great, a fact which still more augments its historical value.
Dimensions: 8X5,2 cent.
Inv. 1898—No 14/13 (roses —10 c.). Inv. 1922-No 433.​

1.jpg

--.jpg

Third piece from the very same display.

St. Andrew order Diamond Fund.jpg

Cross description from 1925 catalogue.

1.jpg

-.jpg

No 8. Cross, Order of St. Andrew: 3 br. 4 m. c.; 4 br. —2 c. and about 7 car. of sundry diamonds.
Heavy silver mountings. Date — 1750.
The label bears the inscription: "Conferred by H. I. H. the grand-duke Nicolas-Pavlovitch to ... (erased), on the fifth day of May, the Year 1818".

Another photo of the cross that (allegedly) could belong to Peter the Great.
Brilliants, gold, enamel.
Size: 80 Х 52 mm.

Orders of St. Andrew of Peter I.jpg

Rare color photo of reverse.

Order of St. Andrew from the collection of Russian Diamond Fund.jpg

• Tags
    early st. andrew orders imperial russian order order of st. andrew russian diamond fund collection st.andrew order орден андрея первозванного петра i орден из коллекции алмазного фонда орден петра i ордена андрея первозванного из алмазного фонда ранние ордена андрея первозванного ранний орден андрея первозванного