Nicholas I’s Breast Stars of St. Vladimir Order combined with the Order of the Garter

Made for Emperor Nicholas I somewhere around 1843 by Lakson /К.Лаксон; Карл-Андерс-Фредрик Лаксон; CL/ workshop in St.Petersburg.

Breast star from the collection of Military Historical Museum of Artillery, Engineer and Signal Corp in St. Petersburg.

Gold, silver, enamel.
Size 80.2 x 70.7 mm.
Weight 53.47 g.

Photos courtesy of the colleague and friend from St. Petersburg.

Nicholas I’s Breast Star of St. Vladimir Order combined with the Order of the Garter.JPG

Nicholas I’s Breast Star of St.  Vladimir Order combined with the Order of the Garter.JPG

Garter.

Honi soit qui mal y pense - shamed be whoever thinks ill of it.

Nicholas I’s Breast Star of St. Vladimir Order combined with the Order of the Garter..JPG

Nicholas I’s Breast Star of St. Vladimir Order combined with the Order of the Garter ..JPG

Nicholas I’s Breast Star of St. Vladimir Order combined with the Order of the Garter  ..JPG

Nicholas I’s Breast Star of St. Vladimir Order combined with the Order of the  Garter.JPG

Ivan Winberg (1830-1846) portrait of Nicholas I (1796-1855), Tsar of Russia 1825-1855, in red-bordered black coat with silver buttons and epaulettes, wearing the breast-stars of the Imperial Russian Orders of St. Andrew and of St. Vladimir combined with the Order of the Garter, the cross of the Russian Order of St. George, the Imperial Russian Medal for the Turkish Campaign, the cross of the Royal Order of the Crown of Württemberg and the Imperial Russian badge for 25 years of Distinguished Military Services.​

Nicholas I (1796-1855).jpg

Another Ivan Winberg painting.

Ivan Winberg (1830-1846) portrait of Nicholas I (1796-1855).jpg

According to the inscription on the frame, given to C.A. Murray by the Emperor during a State Visit to London in 1844.

Breast star from the collection of Hermitage.

Gold, silver, enamel.
Size 78 x 71 mm.

Nicholas I’s Breast Stars of St.  Vladimir Order combined with the Order of the Garter.jpg

Nicholas I’s Breast Stars of St. Vladimir Order  combined with the Order of the Garter.jpg

Another miniature portrait of Tsar Nicholas I of Russia painted by Winberg.

miniature portrait of Tsar Nicholas I of Russia.jpg

• Tags
    lakson mark cl nicholas i’s breast star of order of the garter nicholas i’s breast star of st. vladimir order nicholas i’s combined breast star of garter звезда ордена святого владимира николая i к.лаксон орденская звезда карл-андерс-фредрик лаксон клеймо cl награды николая i объединённая звезда орденов гартера и владимира орден подвязки николая i ордена николая i