Gilded Chest Shield of the Maltese cross/Badge of Distinction of the Knights of the Large Cross/Золочёный нагрудный щит Мальтийского креста

On reading the "Путешествие в Петербург аббата Жоржеля в царствование императора Павла I" (p.85)/Jean-François Géorgel Voyage de St Pétersbourg en 1800/ I have found interesting mentioning of an unknown badge.

Когда г.г. депутаты готовились уѣхать, вице-канцлеръ де Гуссе предупредилъ ихъ по приказанію свыше, что они не должны объявлять o своемъ отъѣздѣ въ вѣдомостяхъ, что отъѣздъ ихъ отсрочень, и что надо ждать новаго приказанія; вмѣстѣ съ тѣмъ гг. депутатамъ было сообщено, что имъ дарована особая милость, и прощальная аудіенція состоится, когда настанеть время отъѣзда, въ кабинетѣ Его Императорскаго Величества, гдѣ великій рыцарь принесеть ему присягу, какъ посолъ и главный сборщикъ, и гдѣ Баденскій командоръ получить большой кресть и золоченый нагрудный щить Мальтійскаго креста, - знакъ отличія рыцарей большого креста.

When the deputies were preparing to leave, the Vice-Chancellor de Gousset warned them, by order from above, that they should not announce their departure in the notices, that their departure was delayed, and that they should wait for a new order; together with those years. the deputies were informed that they had been granted a special favor, and a farewell audience would take place, when the time of departure came, in the office of His Imperial Majesty, where the great knight would swear an oath to him, as ambassador and chief collector, and where the Baden commander would receive a large cross and a gilded chest shield of the Maltese cross - a badge of distinction of the knights of the large cross.

Quote.jpg

1913 Moscow edition.

Путешествие в Петербург  аббата Жоржеля в царствование императора Павла I.jpg

Путешествие в Петербург аббата Жоржеля в  царствование императора Павла I.jpg

Original 1818 Paris edition.
Jean-François Géorgel Voyage de  St Pétersbourg en  1800.jpg
Jean-François  Géorgel Voyage de St Pétersbourg en  1800.jpg

Jean-François Géorgel Voyage de St Pétersbourg en  1800.jpg

• Tags
    badge of distinction of the large cross knight gilded chest shield of the maltese cross jean-françois géorgel order of st. john of jerusalem voyage de st pétersbourg en 1800 золотой нагрудный щит мальтийского креста золоченый нагрудный щит мальтийского креста награды императорской россии орден иоанна иерусалимского орден святого иоанна иерусалимского путешествие в петербург аббата жоржеля