1st and 4th class St.George Orders of Emperor Wilhelm I

On display at Deutsches Historisches Museum, Berlin.

1st St.George Order of Emperor Wilhelm I.jpg
1st St.George Order  of  Emperor Wilhelm I.jpg

Wilhelm I was awarded with 1st class St.George Order on November 26, 1869.

"Highly granted on the centennial anniversary of the Order of St. George, as having the Order of St. George 4th class for the distinction shown in the war of 1814.".

"Высочайше пожалован в столетний юбилей Ордена Святого Георгия, как имевший Орден Святого Георгия 4-го класса за отличие, выказанное в войну 1814 года".

Telegram that was sent by the Wilhelm I to Alexander II.

"Deeply moved, with tears in my eyes, I embrace you, thanking you for an honor that I did not dare to count on ... I dare to ask you to accept my Order Pour le Merite. My army will be proud to see you wearing this Order. God bless you!"

"Глубоко тронутый, со слезами на глазах, обнимаю Вас, благодаря за честь, на которую не смел рассчитывать… Осмелюсь просить Вас принять мой Орден Pour le Merite. Армия моя будет гордиться, видя Вас, носящим этот Орден. Да хранит Вас Бог!"

Excerpt from the letter of Wilhelm I to his brother.

"No, what an honor done to me! I am supremely happy, but completely overwhelmed. From an excess of feelings, I almost dropped the sheet, and tears appeared in my mind at the recollection ..."

"Нет, какова оказанная мне честь! Я счастлив в высшей степени, но совершенно потрясен. От избытка чувств я едва не уронил листа, и слезы показались у меня при воспоминаниях…"

1879_Buelow_Kaiser_Wilhelm_I_anagoria.jpg

1879_Buelow_Kaiser_Wilhelm_I_anagoria — копия.jpg

St.George Order.jpg

Wilhelm I was awarded with 1st class St. Vladimir order on August 30, 1834.

1st  St.Vladimir  Order of Emperor Wilhelm I.jpg

Wilhelm I was awarded with 4th class St.George order on August 3, 1814 for the battle at Bar-sur-Aube in 1814, when he led the attack of the Kaluga infantry regiment.

"For distinction/За отличие".

St.George order of Wilhelm I inside the medal bar.jpg
St.George  order of Wilhelm I inside the medal bar.jpg

St.George order of Wilhelm I  inside the medal bar.jpg

Wilhelm I with the very same medal bar.

Kaiser_Wilhelm_I.JPG

Note that he is also wearing "prinzen" size St.George order breast star.

Kaiser_Wilhelm_I.JPG

• Tags
    1st class st.george order 1st class st.george order awarded in 1869 1st st.george order of emperor wilhelm i 4th class st.george order of emperor wilhelm i emperor wilhelm i awards emperor wilhelm i awards and decorations st.george order made by keibel звезда ордена святого георгия награды вильгельма i орден св. георгия 1 класса вручённый в 1869 орден святого георгия орден святого георгия 1 класса орден святого георгия 1 степени орден святого георгия вильгельма i ордена вильгельма i